Superwinch seeks the brightest and the best. Browse our current openings:
Superwinch seeks a Material Planning & Purchasing Manager for our Wilsonville, Oregon area location in support of our multiple operating sites in the US, UK and China. This role will report to the VP of Global Operations and have multiple Purchasing & Planning team members from each location reporting to it.
Superwinch is the largest privately held designer, manufacturer and marketer of winch systems and accessories in the world. The Company produces a large variety of winch products including electric winches, power drives, hydraulic winches, accessories, parts and hubs that are sold to both the consumer and industrial end-markets. The Company’s winches have an outstanding reputation in the marketplace for their superior design, reliability and value proposition and have established a loyal following among off-road enthusiasts and industrial OEMs alike. Superwinch develops, and manufactures Winches, Hoists and supporting accessory products for Global Consumer and Industrial markets. Visit our website at: www.superwinch.com
The successful Material Planning & Purchasing Manager candidate will have demonstrated thru their work history the ability to collaborate with the Production, Sales, Customer Service, Quality and NPD Teams. Own the development and updating of the production schedule and direct the associated supplier purchasing actions, tracking and measuring them to drive continuous improvement. Effectively support production schedules thru directing the purchasing and planning team members in support of overall company goals.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Prepare and update the master production schedule and inventory plan monthly and as required to support forecast and demand changes, operational constraints and budgets and incremental business opportunities. Balance the need for a high customer service level, cost containment and low working capital requirements. Coordinate with the entire Operations team and Market Sales teams to align the master production schedule and inventory plan to forecasted demand, labor and production constraints and budget requirements.
- Create a rolling 4-month Production Plan for each product family taking into consideration the sales forecast, historical sales and new business opportunities. Analyze and identify risks associated with the options built into the Production Plan and direct associated material purchasing actions.
- Project finished goods inventory levels by product family and sales market on a monthly basis and direct supplier purchasing to achieve
- Communicate daily and lead reoccurring cross-functional production planning and overall supplier purchasing plans.
- Monitor daily component shortages and develop action plans and schedules to resolve issues and maintain established Market and Product Family quantities.
- Manage purchasing and planning staff across multiple operating sites by using performance management, including confirming job responsibilities, establishing goals and job competencies, identifying and developing skill gaps, developing and publishing standard work/work instructions, evaluating resources, coaching on a continuous basis and evaluating performance.
- Monitor employee adherence to standard work/work instructions and develop corrective actions when standards are not being met. Drive continuous improvement on material flow processes and supplier purchasing in support of goals.
- Support VP of Operations with inventory accuracy through cycle counting processes.
- Support NPD launches thru coordinating with Operations and Market Sales teams the planning and purchasing of material for execution of pilot run and setting of finished goods inventory & replenishment levels.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Seven or more years of experience in a production planning, purchasing and supply chain management
- Five or more years of supervisory experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of MRP systems. Infor Visual 8.0 preferred.
- Must have strong analytical, statistical and critical thinking skills. Advanced experience with MS Excel and MS Word is preferred.
- Strong leadership qualities and experience working with purchasing and planning teams in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with both senior management and production.
- Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
This position will be located in Wilsonville, OR and no relocation assistance is being offered.
If this sounds like you, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org